The patented acrylic adhesive will withstand lubricants, oils, UV rays, and unlike the competition, also contains an anti-corrosion polymer which inhibits rust and mould growth.
New formulations now allow our installers to handle the film aggressively without leaving fingerprints or stretch marks in the adhesive. We are confident that you will find the paint protection film to be:
• The clearest paint protection film on the market
• The strongest paint protection film on the market (just try to tear it by hand!)
Tremendous strength and UV resistance
This urethane film has been developed to be extremely flexible, which will enable our installers to complete even the most difficult installations quicker and easier than ever before. The product has an optically clear, high gloss finish that is a direct result of the internal make-up of our urethane; it does not have a clear coat in order to obtain these amazing results, and it does not require a clear coat to maintain this brilliant clarity year after year. This feature allows our installers to install and clean the urethane aggressively, without scratching the surface, which is extremely helpful when removing bugs from the front of the vehicle.
Because the film is 100% aliphatic urethane, and does not require a protective top coat, it lends itself to other methods of cleaning. We were able to clean film that had been exposed, without a single car wash, for 2 years to pristine condition!
In review, Paint Protection Film exhibits the following:
- High gloss paint protection film, with very high shear resistance it will not creep or shrink over time
- Guaranteed NO yellowing over time
- The paint protection film has been tested and approved around the world with leading OEMs such as Mercedes, Chrysler, Ford, GM, Ferrari, and Nissan
- Its extremely conformable around high radius corners, meaning a faster install with no wrinkles, stretch marks or fingerprints in the adhesive!
- An optically clear, removable, anti-corrosion adhesive with mould inhibitor built in
- During Nissan & Mercedes testing, the leading competition paint protection film was punctured with a 9lb probe; this paint protection film was not punctured until 20lb of pressure was applied. Therefore, the paint protection film is over 100% more abrasive resistant, meaning zero paint damage!
- Greater long term durability the urethanes physical properties don’t degrade with wear.
- Greater UV resistance and colour stability – won’t yellow with age
- Greater clarity on all colour paints
Automotive paint services have developed over the years and since 1996 are predominantly 'water-based' to comply with environmental regulations.
This makes them softer than ever and more susceptible to the damage caused from flying stones, bird lime, insect debris and minor abrasions etc.
When fitted, the Paint Protection Film helps to minimise this damage, keeping that showroom look for longer and enhancing the resale value of the car to the point whereby it can actually become a 'cost-negative' purchase for the end user - based on the resale value at the point of change!
Does it really work?
Oh yes, it even has the added benefit that due to its built-in memory it has a self-healing property.
Against Cracking, Peeling, Bubbling or turning yellow, for as long as the original purchaser retains ownership of the vehicle.
Can you see the film when installed?
On areas like bumpers, lights and full bonnets it is very difficult to see the film as it’s clear and designed to fit.
Can the film be removed?
Yes by using a hairdryer or heat gun. On resprayed areas extreme caution should be taken when removing.
Is the film cut on the vehicle?
No. The patterns are cut prior to installation via a plotter and Pc software to fit the areas perfectly.
Will the paint fade differently?
No. The material contains UV inhibitors to prevent the film from reacting to the sun’s rays. Filtering sunlight through the film to age with the rest of the paintwork.
Any special maintenance after install?
No. you can wash and wax both the film and paintwork as normal. Build-up of wax on edges can be removed using a Qtip.